I’m here on day 3 of my 12 Days to Mistletoe Madness Blog Hop. The talented Skye Callahan, author of The Darkness Bound series is here to share in the holiday fun and to give us a sneak peak of her new release. Before you wander down the page to meet Skye, don’t forget to click the giveaway below! A free gift card and some amazing e-books will be won by some lucky participants!
Now, that you’ve entered the giveaway, let’s get to know the talented Skye Callahan!
1. If you could have one of your characters under the Christmas tree to unwrap who would it be and why?
Oh my, this question could get me in trouble with the hubby. I’ll say Eric so I can get him to sit down and answer some of my questions (that’s a legit and perfectly innocent reason, right?).
2. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Turkey and stuffing!
3. Real Christmas tree or artificial?
Artificial. There’s no way I’m cleaning up pine needles, and our tree is fiber-optic, so there’s very little setup involved.
4. What is your favorite holiday treat? Candy, cocoa, eggnog…ect.
Queen Anne’s Chocolate Covered Cherries! I stock up every winter.
5. Do you like to wait until Christmas morning to unwrap your gifts, or are you the kind of kiddie who unwraps a few the night before?
We unwrap whenever it’s convenient. Sometimes my siblings would be off with their dad on Christmas, so we’d celebrate on a different day. Now that I live far away and we don’t like traveling on holidays, sometimes we celebrate in the middle of January.
6. What is your favorite Christmas movie?
The Muppet Christmas Carol.
7. What is your favorite Christmas song?
Anything sung by Gene Autry. I grew up with a tape (yes a tape!!) of Gene Autry’s Christmas Songs, and they’re still my favorite.
8. What would you most like to see under your tree this year?
A penguin!! If we’re thinking realistically, a new pair of Harley Davidson boots.
9. What was your most embarrassing Christmas gift?
Underwear from my then fiance’s parents. It was our first Christmas together, and let’s just say that some family traditions should stay within the immediate family.
10. Do you hang a mistletoe and if so, who is your favorite person that you’ve kissed beneath it?
No, but my favorite person would be my hubby.
Okay…so I’m noticing some patterns here with us writer-types. One, we love our chocolate(no surprise there). Two, we value time with our families(especially our fur friends) and three underwear is Never a good gift idea! :0 LOL
Now, to see what Skye has in store for us…
If Kaylyn stands any chance of defeating the spirit, she’ll have to accept that her fears are real and convince fellow investigators that she hasn’t lost her mind.
Lena is perfectly content spending her Friday evenings at home enjoying the quiet, but when her roommate insists that she needs to get out more and drags her to a sports bar, she shows him up by flirting with the handsome stranger who sits down next to her. Their anonymous conversation leads to a shared cab ride, but Lena’s conscience puts a damper on the evening. Her near-fling left to become a memory.
Until she finds him roaming the halls of the school where she teaches.
Eric has enough to deal with, recently given custody of his seven-year-old nephew, but he wants something more from Lena. When he reveals his desires, can she submit to what he wants?